The South America Wine Guide by Amanda Barnes is the result of a decade of research and interviews conducted by the author while travelling around and living on the continent. In collaboration with over 60 regional specialists, The South America Wine Guide comprehensively details over 70 wine regions and maps out in stunning detail 40 wine regions — many of which have never before been mapped or documented in the English language.
With charismatic and engaging writing, the author artfully explores 500 years of wine history and insightfully puts the wines of Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru and beyond into context today. This monumental book reveals new and exciting discoveries for even the most seasoned wine expert, while remaining approachable for those just beginning their foray into the world of wine.
What’s in the South America Wine Guide?
- A comprehensive guide to the wine regions of Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil, Bolivia and Peru (including terroir essentials and influencing factors, most important grape varieties and top producers)
- A history of wine in South America up to the present day
- In-depth analysis of Latin American wine production today, including the most comprehensive database of wine production in South America to date
- Focus features on the revival of old vines and historical regions, as well as new emerging wine zones and wine styles
- Maps of the different wine regions
- Colour photography
- Wine producer profiles
- A selection of wine recommendations from over 3,000 samples tasted